It was a rainy morning that I decided to prepare soup as a breakfast for the family. The broth is a great way to appetize the stomach in this cold breezy morning. I call this hearty breakfast – Chicken Noodle Soup.
When I checked my fridge, carrots are the only veggie I have. For soup or pansit, I always use chicken that is already chopped in the supermarket. They called this part as Soup Pack. Maybe because those lot of bones made the soup of the broth more tasty. The price is more affordable compare to other parts like wings, legs or breast.
I still stick to the earliest method of cooking the broth boiling the chicken in cups of water to extract the juices. Once it is chopped and deboned, it will be placed back in the pot.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 chicken part use for soup broth
- 2 cups noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic, chopped
- onion, chopped
- 2 pieces middle size carrots, sliced and diced
- evaporated milk
- Boil water putting chicken in the pot.
- Once simmer, put in the noodles.
- When the chicken is tender, remove it, deboned and diced it.
- Prepare sauce pan for saute.
- Put vegetable oil.
- When heated, add chopped garlic and onion.
- Put the diced chicken then stir it.
- Mixed it in a boiling pot with the noodles.
- Stir thoroughly and put the carrots.
- Put salt and peper to taste.
- Simmer again for 5 minutes or until the noodles are cook.
- Serve hot and put milk to add creaminess to the soup.